Instructions After Rhinoplasty
- Make sure you douche the nose 6 times a day.It will clear the congestion.
- Dab the nose with a Kleenex as it will dribble blood occasionally for about 3 days. Do not wear the cotton bandage under the nose as you did in hospital. This gives nappy rash after a while.
- You may sleep on one pillow at home.
- Walk for at least 20-30 minutes a day. This will help the swelling drop. It is normal for some bruising to track down the cheeks.
- Pain relief is rarely required but use Panadol if needed.
- Before your first post op appointment, douche the nose and use Vaseline on a cotton bud to clean the stitches under the nose.